Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog from Cisco 2950 to GFI Eventmanager

mattias
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I would like to send all events to begin with. But the Eventsmanager doesnt get any syslog activity. Is there other steps i need to do on the switch other then

->Logging myhostname?

If i want to monitor almost every event is default settiing good for this or can i use trap setting in a good way?

Kr

Mattias

2 Replies 2

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

You need to give the command "logging trap 6". 6 stands for Informational messages. Interface up or down transitions and system restart messages, displayed at the notifications level. Reload requests and low-process stack messages, displayed at the informational level. This message is only for information; switch functionality is not affected. Level 7 is debugging. But if this is enabled, then you will receive lot of messages and it can also affect the performace of the switch, so it is recommened to stick to level 6.

Thanks for your reply!

I have still problem with reporting to the syslog server. Syslogserver does not get any data from the switch.

Can i also secure the switch with access-list so that it's only visible from a specific iprange or ipadress? If yes how would that config look like?

I have attached config in a file!

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: