Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog Server Configuration

roopesh.n
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All ,

iam Trieng to Configure syslog server .Using Kiwi Syslog server in Windows XP . I have configured the commands on router and it is showing the below message .But iam not able to see any logs on my syslog server. Can any one explain what to do.

Thanks

Roopesh

5 Replies 5

Ton V Engelen
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

could it be the firewall on the xp machine is blocking incoming syslog messages?

You might want to turn it off and check if you can ping the xp machine from the switch and check if syslog messages are coming in. 

Hi ,

My Windows firewall is off always .from the above Screen shot i think loggs are comming to syslog server .but not displaying . Can any one explain what the above picture tells.....

Thanks

roopesh

ahmed-naguib
Level 1
Level 1

Kiwi syslog server can  log different Virtual Displays,

use the following,

1. Divide your sending devices into groups such has Firewalls, switches, routers, internal, external, sales etc.

2. For each group decide on a Syslog facility to use. Recommended values are: Local0 to Local7. You can use the other facilities if you have more than eight groups.

3. On each device configure the logging facility depending on its grouping. For a Cisco device it is just a matter of using the "Logging Facility Local0" command to set the facility level to Local0. Other network devices should allow you to specify the facility to send messages on.

4. Create a new Rule in Kiwi Syslog Server | Setup. Name the rule "Log Local0 to Display01"

5. Add a new Priority filter (Filter Type="Priority"), named "Facility: Local0". Select all priorities for the Local0 facility.

http://www.kiwisyslog.com/index.php?option=com_kb&page=articles&articleid=85&Itemid=244

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is 10.10.3.61  your PC address ? 

HI ,

10.10.3.61 is my ip and syslog server

Thanks

Roopesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco