Views
Helpful
Replies

tell me about priority queues

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all

when doing MQC, can we only use the priority command once to put things in the priority queue? for example, if I did 2 class maps, and 2 policy maps, ould I only have one applied to the priority queue ?

cheers

3 Replies 3

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

Hi

No, you can use the priority command several times referring to the same class-map within a new policy, or a new class-map within the same policy, etc.

HTH

Atle

---

Posted by WebUser Atle Ørn Hardarson

is the priority command the only way to put things in the priority queue ?

if I wanted to put say ftp, and http in a priority queue on a 10 meg interface and give them both 2 meg each how would i do it ?

Disclaimer

The    Author of this posting offers the information contained within this    posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any  purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and  should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.  Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In    no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever  (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or  profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's  information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such  damage.

Posting

Something like:

class-map match-all classFTP

match protocol FTP

class-map match-all classHTTP

match protocol HTTP

policy-map example

class classFTP

priority 2000

class classHTTP

priority 2000

interface ethernet 0