Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Telnet access on 2948G-L2 with CatOS

Hi,

I have a 3524XL-IOS connected to 2948G-L2-CatOS via fiber. And those links are trunk links. those two switches has a management IP. The problem is from 3524XL, I cannot ping nor telnet the 2948G-L2. But when I issue a show cdp neigh details from 3524XL, it can see the 2948G-L2's Management IP Address. May I ask if I am missing something on the 2948G-L2 ?

5 REPLIES

Re: Telnet access on 2948G-L2 with CatOS

Hi paste the configuration of both switches.

Also quickly check the trunk configuration on both switches !!!

see attached file.

Purple

It looks like they have a port channel setup on the 3524 side but not on the 2948 . Unless there is a reason for the etherchannel statement on 3524 I would remove it , other than that it looks ok . Trunks are set nonegotiate and on and the native is 1 on both sides and the address ranges are the same on both . Don't see a reason why it shouldn't work.

That's the weird part. It doesn't work. Do you think it is a bug on the CatOS ?

Purple

I would remove port group 1 from the 3524 if its not etherchanneling and then use switchport mode trunk on the interface . Also on the catos I would use set trunk 2/49 on dot1q . Don't think its a catos issue , have never had a problem with trunking or etherchanneling on catos , very stable .

Views
Helpful
Replies