Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature thresholds for AUX-1 and AUX-2 Sensors of WS-X6708-10GE

Hi everybody

We have a WS-X6708-10GE with WS-F6700-DFC3CXL. Following CLI output shows current temperature of module sensors:

show environment temperature module 9
  module 9 outlet temperature: 62C
  module 9 inlet temperature: 48C
  module 9 aux-1 temperature: 60C
  module 9 aux-2 temperature: 51C

module 9 asic-1 temperature: 89C
  module 9 asic-2 temperature: 82C

My concern is AUX-1 and AUX-2 sensors. Are these values normal? How much are the temperature thresholds for these two sensors. I searched the Internet and could not find anything in this regard.

For the record the IOS version which I use is: shs72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH8a

I will be honored if somebody guide me in this regard.

Thank you

Ali

2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Hi Ali,As long as the switch

Hi Ali,

As long as the switch does not set off alarms based on the temperature, then the switch is fine.

Also to check the overall status you can issue "show environment alarm threshold" if your IOS support it.

BTW, you IOS version is very old.  You may want to upgrade to a newer version.

HTH

HiThe problem is we cannot

Hi

The problem is we cannot upgrade the IOS since this C6500 is one of our Core routers and this will cause downtime and service disruption.

Another case is we have a monitoring system which generates tickets when the temperature passes a certain threshold.

We need to know what is the threshold so we can configure it in our monitoring System. Also the mentioned command does not provide information for AUX sensors.

Unfortunately, this kind of information is not well-documented.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content