cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tftp Question

zekwueme1
Level 1
Level 1

Can tftp server run on XP? I am getting %Error opening tftp://192.x.x.x/file name.

7 Replies 7

d-mark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

do you have a personal firewall or the xp build in firewall enabled? If so, do you have allowed the tftp-traffic to go through? Or does the 'file' resides in the tftp root directiry on your computer?

kind regards

Mark

yes, you can run TFTP on Win XP. As mentioned by earlier poster, turn off the in-built firewall installed in Win XP OS.

make sure you are able to ping Win XP machine on which TFTP is running from the device.

Yes, I have a firewall but I it has actually allowed tftp traffic (Solarwinds.net Tftp server) in the exceptions. I ping tftp server quite alright with out problems. I used to have WinsAgent tftp but I uninstalled it when the problem started. Downloaded Solarwinds. Same problem.

That isn't the half of it. I have now lost my flash. The router is now running in rommon1 mode. I have a config file saved to notepad and a brand new IOS. Can you guys step me through getting it done. Thanks

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

In addition check the permissions in u r TFTP server.It should be send/recieve.

Thanks

Mahmood

That too was set correctly. File>Configure>security>Send and recieve.

(securecrt5.2)But in the heat of things, I have lost my flash. I have saved config in notepad and have downloaded IOS. Since my router is now running in rommon1 mode, I will need a walk through.

Hi,

You can use "tftpdnld" command under rommon mode to recover the IOS to the flash. Here is a page you can refer.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007e5fd.html

The tftpdnld process is described near the bottom of this page.

Hope this help

SSLIN

Or you can just connect through console and load it using XMODEM (through windows hyperterminal), since you are probably nearby it anyway, judging by ROMMON.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card