Views
Helpful
Replies

Throughput ISR with and without VPN

paa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all!

I cann't understand one thing about throughput ISR (1841/2851 series). Fast/Cef switching for this model 38.4 Mbps and 112.6 Mbps (correct me if It is not true), BUT, look there http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns461/netbr09186a00801f0a72.html Maximum throughput for this models with AIM-modules are 45 Mbps and 160 Mbps. Why? What is a realy throughput for 2851 with AIM-module? And what is about other models?

2 Replies 2

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The throughput of ISR2851 with AIM-module is 160Mbps as mentioned in the link above. AIM-module is a separate piece of hardware used with the router for VPN accelerated services.With out the AIM-module the performance of the router will decrease from 112.6 mbps as it has to do IPSEC VPN in software.

-amit singh

Thanks for you quick answer!

112 Mbps - it is throughput without ACL, IPSEC, QoS, voice and othe features, with 64 bytes packets only. I can't find reference for this data on cisco's web quickly, but you may be can. I want to know, if I setup AIM-module in 2851, what is throughput will be -- less than 112 Mbps? I can't understand why VPN-throughput will be more than throughput of all router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card