cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time Synchronisation

nanair01cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have got two networks. Lets say 10.5.85 n/w and 10.5.86 n/w. And neither of these have a Domain Controller and none is connected to a domain. I want to Synchronise the time in two n/ws with reference to any m/c say 10.5.85.1 in the first n/w. How can that be done? If anyone of you have any idea plz do post here. And please dont advice me for any third party softwares since I am not interested in them . Right now I am using a batch file to synchronise the time in one network. I want to know how can it be spreaded to another n/w if we dont have a DC.

I use the command :

> net time \\10.5.85.1 /SET /Y

PS : I have got routers installed. So dont worry about it.

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What I would do is synchronize one router with a trusted NTP source and then have all my other devices/servers get time from that router.

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

I am sorry but you realy have not given us enough information.

What type of equipment is to have time syncronisation ?

you state domains wich makes me think that you are talking about the Windows domains.

Do you have internet access ?

If the answer is that you want to use NTP on windows XP (or newer) machines and you have internet access then just point the machines towards a public NTP site. fx microsoft have one. there are several others on the internet.

If this is not the answer then please specify more parameters such as internet contact and so on.

if you are thinking of using a pc as a timeserver then I would recomend against it.

to much time slip.

since you do not want 3d party equipment i will leave that out with one small comment.

It works like a charm and I would not want to do this without it.

good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: