Views
Helpful
Replies

to limit ftp file transfer

Shibu1978
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the attached setup. now i would like to limit my ftp transfer to 10 mb  from a specific vlan to ftp server on the STM-4 (622) link.  what would be the best way to limit ftp traffic to 10 mb .

thanks in advance for the help

following is  my switch deatils

Video_Main#sh ver
Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500e-UNIVERSAL-M), Version 03.02.00.SG RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2011 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Tue 26-Apr-11 18:09 by prod_rel_team

Cisco IOS-XE software, Copyright (c) 2005-2010 by cisco Systems, Inc.
All rights reserved.  Certain components of Cisco IOS-XE software are
licensed under the GNU General Public License ("GPL") Version 2.0.  The
software code licensed under GPL Version 2.0 is free software that comes
with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  You can redistribute and/or modify such
GPL code under the terms of GPL Version 2.0.  For more details, see the
documentation or "License Notice" file accompanying the IOS-XE software,
or the applicable URL provided on the flyer accompanying the IOS-XE
software.

Image text-base: 0x100A0994, data-base: 0x13CAB728

ROM: 15.0(1r)SG1
Jawa Revision 7, Snowtrooper Revision 0x0.0x116

Video_Main uptime is 15 weeks, 3 days, 23 hours, 53 minutes
System returned to ROM by power-on
System restarted at 16:38:21 UTC Wed Nov 23 2011
Running default software

License Information for 'WS-X45-SUP7-E'
    License Level: entservices   Type: Permanent
    Next reboot license Level: entservices

cisco WS-C4506-E (MPC8572) processor (revision 8) with 2097152K/20480K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID FOX1502GZHF
MPC8572 CPU at 1.5GHz, Supervisor 7
Last reset from PowerUp
9 Virtual Ethernet interfaces
204 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
10 Ten Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
511K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

Configuration register is 0x2101

Video_Main#

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I'm unfamilar with the 4500's sup7e with XE IOS, but assuming it at least supports a policer, you should be able to rate limit your FTP traffic.  Check your IOS config guide's QoS chapter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Shibu1978
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

Can anyone please give some advise on this.

Thanks

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I'm unfamilar with the 4500's sup7e with XE IOS, but assuming it at least supports a policer, you should be able to rate limit your FTP traffic.  Check your IOS config guide's QoS chapter.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card