Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Top Command

I have a 6509 running IOS 12.2(18)SXD. I found a doc on Cisco's site that says that I should be able to run the Top command but I cannot. It does not exist. Nor does the Collect command. What am I missing here? Here is the link that tells me I should have the Top command. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008043580b.html#wp1026365

6 REPLIES

Re: Top Command

Hi, I have used this command sparingly, but I believe it is only available with CAT OS and not IOS, of which you are running.

Yes that was what I thought too untill I did a search and found the document I referenced when I started the thread. It is a doc for configuring IOS on a 6509. It is for the verison I am running. It claims that the command should be there.

Thanks.

The command is available. I just tested on a 6509/SUP720 w/ 12.2(18)SXE4. Works great, thanks for bringing it up.

I originally thought it was ONLY for CATOS, but apparently it works for both.

CATOS: show top

IOS: (2 step process)

1. collect top ....

2. wait a few secs...

3. show top counter interface report 'x'

Yes my problem is that the "collect" command is not there. Neither is "Show Top".

Hi,

Your linked document has the answer:

"Release 12.2(18)SXE and later releases support the Top N utility."

As you're only running 12.2(18)SXD you need to upgrade...

HTH

Andrew.

Well shoot! That's embarrasing. I did not catch the D of SXD. Thanks for pointing it out.

I will looking into upgrading as this will be a handy feature.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content