cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Top Command

jkaftan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 6509 running IOS 12.2(18)SXD. I found a doc on Cisco's site that says that I should be able to run the Top command but I cannot. It does not exist. Nor does the Collect command. What am I missing here? Here is the link that tells me I should have the Top command. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008043580b.html#wp1026365

6 Replies 6

b-ulrich
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, I have used this command sparingly, but I believe it is only available with CAT OS and not IOS, of which you are running.

Yes that was what I thought too untill I did a search and found the document I referenced when I started the thread. It is a doc for configuring IOS on a 6509. It is for the verison I am running. It claims that the command should be there.

Thanks.

autobot130
Level 1
Level 1

The command is available. I just tested on a 6509/SUP720 w/ 12.2(18)SXE4. Works great, thanks for bringing it up.

I originally thought it was ONLY for CATOS, but apparently it works for both.

CATOS: show top

IOS: (2 step process)

1. collect top ....

2. wait a few secs...

3. show top counter interface report 'x'

Yes my problem is that the "collect" command is not there. Neither is "Show Top".

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Your linked document has the answer:

"Release 12.2(18)SXE and later releases support the Top N utility."

As you're only running 12.2(18)SXD you need to upgrade...

HTH

Andrew.

Well shoot! That's embarrasing. I did not catch the D of SXD. Thanks for pointing it out.

I will looking into upgrading as this will be a handy feature.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: