Dear all,

kindly i need your help in designing this topology for hospital i have 5 floor

in each floor i have :

first floor :83 network point

second floor: 140 network point

third floor: 85 network point

4th floor: 25 network point

5th floor: 27 network point

in the second floor i have the server room and this is the location for the core switch

kindly if someone can tell me what is the requirment for hospital to be 10/100 or 1gb by nost case because they don't know the software should they use until now

and what is the recomanded switches should i use is it catalyst or just managed switch with cost minimize of course

thank you

19 Replies 19

copper the hospital have 5 floor and the core switch 3750 will install in the second floor so the maximum distance in 60meter i will connect to copper cable for each switch one for each core switch

Ok, so each uplink will be a dot1q trunk.

But first, put the 3750X into a stack.  Next, you send two uplinks from the 2960 or 2960S to the core switch and configure etherchannel on both the floor switch and the core switches.

2960/2960S do not need the command "switch trunk encap dot" because dot1q is the only (and default) option.

You cofigure a port for etherchannel like this:

interface range G0/1 - 2

switchport mode trunk

channel-group mode ON

On the 3750X, it'll look like this:

interface range G1/0/24 , G2/0/24

switchport encap dot

switchport mode trunk

channel-group mode ON.

thank you leo for your help

but how to configure stack mode on both core switch if one fail other will be online

and is the same configuration will be on both core switch how to identify the primary one sorry for many question but i'm new in switch configuration

if you cann send me a sample for configuration on 2960 and the core 3750 i will appreciated

thank in advance

Hi George. The forum is a great resource and people are always willing to help. However, my view is that the best way forward is to get someone experienced involved. It's only basic CCNP stuff, but if it's new to you, then you could easily miss other fundamentals that are key to a long-term sucessful implementation. This is a hospital after all. It's more important to get the basics right than getting all the latest features implemented. Hope you don't mind my comments. I've been in your situation when starting out, so that's partly why I write this. Best to learn from someone experienced, if you can.  Then you'll be flying solo with confidence and a solid understanding.

My Suggesstions are as

First of all.

Fiber should be layed from all Floor to Main Server Room For Uplinks Termination.

Second

You should use Gig Port for Uplink and Fe Ports for End User.

Jawad
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card