Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Trace Path using NIC2

I have 2 nics in my server and neither can be disabled in order to do some testing. I need to perform a traceroute from NIC #2 to see if it's going the right path. What windows command line do i use to specify use NIC #2 as the source address? Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES

Re: Trace Path using NIC2

Hi,

The default tracert command in Windows doesn't have the options to choose a particular NIC.

However if you have both the NICs connected to different Subnets, this shouldn't be an issue as in that case the Server would forward the packet to the Default Gateway.

Could you pleaase explain the issue in a bit more detail and we would be happy to help you sort out the issue.

HTH

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Please rate if it helps

Server1 (Win2003) has 2 NICs both are in same subnet located on Eastcoast. Server2(Win2003) has 2 NICs both are in same subnet located on Westcoast. I need to verify that NIC 2 on both servers traverse a specific path. I cannot disable any of the NICs because they are all in production.

Thx.

Hi,

So I guess that you have enabled either the NIC Teaming or NLB on Windows Servers and both the NICs have the same IP Addresses as well.

If thats the case, I guess, one of the NICs is already in disabled state (guess due to STP) unless you have enabled the 802.3ad protocol.

Have you enabled it? If yes then in what mode?

Please provide more info to help this sorted out.

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content