Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracking the Static Routes in Cisco 2960

Hi All,

I am using Cisco 2960X-48FPS-L switch running with IOS image "C2960X-UNIVERSALK9-M" version "15.2(2)E6" and using IP Services license to enable L3 features.

We have two Routers connected to this switch using Redundant uplinks for High availability, using one Router as Primary and second Router as backup by creating Floating Static Routes in Cisco 2960, to route traffic on Destinations connected to Routers.

We would like to track the availability of destination Network's on Static Routes created in Cisco 2960 switch, for auto failovers.

Could you please help me, on possibilities to track the Static routes in Cisco 2960 switch for auto failovers and find the attached, for existing toplogy we are using.

Thanks,

Chaitanya Krishna.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I thought you said it was ip services in first post ?

you don't have the ability then to do ip sla and that's the most basic form of failover tracking , your trying to do ip tracking on really what's considered a layer 2 switch with some l3 capabilities but as your running ip base the l3 abilities are even less , your license is limiting you

as per docs ipbase and lanbase don't support sla
Switches running the IP base or LAN base feature set support only IP SLAs responder functionality and
must be configured with another device that supports full IP SLAs functionality

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960x/software/15-2_4_e/configurationguide/b_1524e_consolidated_2960x_cg/b_1524e_consolidated_2960x_cg_chapter_01010110.pdf

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Is ip sla feature available on that image on the 2960x you could track using that if its supported

(config)#ip sla ?
  <1-2147483647>          Entry Number
  enable                  Enable Event Notifications
  endpoint-list           Endpoint list configuration
  ethernet-monitor        IP SLAs Auto Ethernet Configuration
  group                   Group Configuration or Group Scheduling
  key-chain               Use MD5 Authentication for IP SLAs Control Messages
  logging                 Enable Syslog
  low-memory              Configure Low Water Memory Mark
  reaction-configuration  IP SLAs Reaction-Configuration
  reaction-trigger        IP SLAs Trigger Assignment
  reset                   IP SLAs Reset
  responder               Enable IP SLAs Responder
  restart                 Restart An Active Entry
  schedule                Entry Scheduling
  server                  IPPM server configuration

Examples

ISP Failover with Default Routes using IP SLA Tracking

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/ip-routing/200785-ISP-Failover-with-default-routes-using-I.html

http://www.ciscozine.com/using-ip-sla-to-change-routing/

Hi Mark,

Sorry, i am not able to see all the commands under "ip sla ?" as listed in your reply.

I am able to see only below commands in my switch,

switch(config)# ip sla ?

key-chain               Use MD5 Authentication for IP SLAs Control Messages
  responder               Enable IP SLAs Responder

The using "ip base" license on this switch.

Please let me the possibilities to acheive this requirement.

I thought you said it was ip services in first post ?

you don't have the ability then to do ip sla and that's the most basic form of failover tracking , your trying to do ip tracking on really what's considered a layer 2 switch with some l3 capabilities but as your running ip base the l3 abilities are even less , your license is limiting you

as per docs ipbase and lanbase don't support sla
Switches running the IP base or LAN base feature set support only IP SLAs responder functionality and
must be configured with another device that supports full IP SLAs functionality

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960x/software/15-2_4_e/configurationguide/b_1524e_consolidated_2960x_cg/b_1524e_consolidated_2960x_cg_chapter_01010110.pdf
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card