Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting 6500 alarms

jorolas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

One of my 6500 Catalyst has the system led orange.

From show env alarm status I get:

System minor alarm on power-supply 2 power-output-fail

What does exactly mean? I been searching around all 6500 doc I found but I couldnt finde a reference of SYSTEM LED, only Status LED. Every where, for SYSTEM LED I found redirections to a doc called "Catalyst 6500 Series Switch Module Installation Guide" where I could not find anything regarding SYSTEM LED alarms.

What does this alarm mean? I can I troubleshoot it?

Thanks in advance,

Jorge

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

passioncas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

The 6500 Switch is having redundant powersuply and one of the power suply got failed(power suply 2).you can see on front side of the Swicth Chassi , LEDs for the Power suply and replace the faulty power suply as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

passioncas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

The 6500 Switch is having redundant powersuply and one of the power suply got failed(power suply 2).you can see on front side of the Swicth Chassi , LEDs for the Power suply and replace the faulty power suply as soon as possible.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The system led will always show orange if you have a power supply that is bad or simply powered off . Sometimes you really have to push on those connectors that go into the power supply to get them to go in .We have even had to loosen up the bracket around the power supply connector to get it to go in . Make sure the power is good and the power switch is on , if so then its time to RMA the power supply.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card