Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Trunk between cisco and huawei

One of my edge Huawei S5700-28C-EI stack switches  is dead, I am going to replace it with a Cisco switch Catalyst 3750 series PoE-48 via a trunk link  with GE fiber port on both ends, please see the diagram below.

trunk                     trunk

Core switchrouter<----------S5700<--------------->Cisco Catlyst 3750

I haven’t touch Cisco switch for many years, I would like to ask the following questions:

1.)      Do I need to take any precaution before connecting this Cisco switch into my Huawei network? Only one link between S5700 and C3750, so I don't need worry anout STP? Do I need to worry about Default vlan regarding trunking port?

2.)      I need to use different trucking protocol e.g. 802.1Q etc to interconnect these two switches (S5700 and Catalyst 3750), please see the following configuration:

For C3750:

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk native vlan (What you want)

switchport trunk allowed vlan (VLANs required)

switchport mode trunk

spanning-tree portfast trunk

For S5700:

port link-type trunk

port trunk permit vlan all

Do you think the configurations above are right?

Do I need to manually enter Duplex and speed options ?     

3.)If the configurations are not right, then what are the commands for trucking port/link should I use on the Cisco switch (it uses IOS software) and Huawei switch?  Procedures of the commands would be really helpful !

Any information and help would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES

Trunk between cisco and huawei

Dellpe,

What kind of Spanning Tree does your network currently use?

I know the problem,When I

I know the problem,When I change the native vlan of my  S5700-28C-EI ,it's just ok.

HiDid your configuration

Hi

Did your configuration correct?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content