Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunk Config between Cisco & Nortel

Thulasi Raman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using Nortel 5650TD and Cisco 2960S switches. Vlan 50 is a managmnet Vlan for nortel and the same Vlan 50 as configured as a trunk native Vlan on Cisco side. Vlaan 50 has IP address which i need to use for managmnet of switch.

Vlan 10 has configured as access vlan for all other ports on nortel and cisco switches.

Now when i connect the uplink on trunk ports, Iam getting the error message "%SPANTREE-2-RECV_PVID_ERR: Received BPDU with inconsistent peer vlan id 1 on GigabitEthernet1/0/48 VLAN50 "

Cisco config:

Port 48 Configured as trunk port with native vlan of 50. Ports 1-47 configured as access port for vlan 10.

Nortel Config:

Port 48 Configured as trunk port with Deafult Vlan 50. And tagging enabled except for the vlan 50. Port 1-47 Configured as access port for vlan 10.

Solution tried:

1. Tried Switchport mode trunk with no native vlan concept & tagged all vlan in Nortel side- No luck.same error.

2. Tried BDUP filter off on cisco side-

3.Configured MST On nortel side.

4. configured Vlan 1 has with Managmnet IP address.

So is there any solution for this problem? vendor came so many times and he blames that nortel to configured more.But i hope there no further thigs avavilble in Nortel except MST and Tag and Un Tags. Plaese share your ideas...

Thanks

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: