cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunking a FastEthernet Port of 3524XL Switch with GigabitEthernet Port of 3650G Switch

Rahulgagu
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to trunk  Fa0/3 port of 3524XL switch and Gi0/1 port of 3650G, below are the commands used.

In Cisco 3524XL:

# interface FastEthernet0/3

description uplink to 3560

port group 1

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

end

In Cisco 3560:

# interface GigabitEthernet0/1

description trunk port to 3524

no ip address

switchport mode trunk

switchport nonegotiate

channel-group 1 mode on

end

#interface Port-channel1

description trunk port to 3524

no ip address

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

switchport nonegotiate

end

The issue is VTP not getting propogated into the Cisco 3650G switch so I'm not getting the VLAN database from my Cisco Core Switch 6500. Am I missing anything in the configuration???

2 Replies 2

prajithtr_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rahul,

EtheEtherChannel bundles can consist of up to eight physical ports of the same Ethernet media

type and speed. Some configuration restrictions exist to ensure that only similarly

configured links are bundled.

Generally, all bundled ports first must belong to the same VLAN. If used as a trunk, bundled

ports must be in trunking mode, have the same native VLAN, and pass the same set

of VLANs. Each of the ports should have the same speed and duplex settings before being

bundled. Bundled ports also must be configured with identical spanning-tree settings.

Check portchannel interface configuration..

Thanks

Prajith

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So your VTP isn't propagating?  Did you specify the VTP domain and VTP password?  What is the VTP mode?

Speed should be fine because the 3560G can negotiate to 100 mbps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card