Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Trunking between CatOS and IOS

I recently inherited a 4006, which I'm attempting to trunk with our 3750 stack. I have fast ethernet ports on both ends set up to trunk according to the instructions here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk689/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094784.shtml

I'm unable to get the connection to come up. Neither port shows up as a trunk port, but I assume this is normal until they're able to establish a connection with another trunk port. I am able to get a connection by plugging a laptop into the interface on either switch. I have also verified that the VTP configuration is the same on both ends. Any suggestions?

• LAN Switching and Routing
4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Trunking between CatOS and IOS

Hello Jeff,

I apologize it is a basic question, have you tried to use an RJ-45 cross-over cable ?

because you say the port does not come up I would point at a cabling issue

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Purple

Either use a crossover or set the port speed and duplex on each end to auto/auto and enable the mdix function on the 3750 and it should come active .

Thanks for the replies, guys. It is indeed working with a crossover cable. Most of our trunk ports are fiber, so I didn't even give MDIX a thought.

If all interfaces supported auto-MDIX life would be much easier :-)

Darren

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.