Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

trusting dscp between my layer 3 ports distribution switches on campus

hi all

i have an access, dist and core design with layer 3 ports between my dist and core.

what QOS setting do i need to apply on these layer 3 ports, is the mls qos dscp trust enough, or would I need to apply a policy map to the layer 3 ports ?

cheers

Carl

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: trusting dscp between my layer 3 ports distribution switches

Hi Carl,

Assuming packets are marked properly on access layer, trust DSCP is enough, no need to apply policy-map on distribution layer to remark packets. If the platform is cos based queueing, then you might need to modify the DSCP-COS map; otherwise, the default map will be used to get COS from DSCP.

HTH,

Lei Tian

so are you saying I can use this between my distribution and core  layer 3 ports  with ip addresses on them ?

Cisco Employee

Yes.

Carl,

As lei mentioned, the traffic has been correctly marked previously by the access switches, therefore you do not need to make any remarking, but you need to ensure that you do trust the incoming DSCP by applying "mls trust dscp" on your distribution and core siwtch. This is the easiest case, as all ports will be marked as trust-dscp and that should be sufficient:

Francisco.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content