cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

trying to find these commands in ASDM...

ChuckHaynes
Level 3
Level 3

ASA 5505

ASA Version 8.0(4)

ASDM Version 6.1(3)

I'm trying to find where to change these commands in the ASDM gui...

crypto ipsec security-association lifetime seconds 3600
crypto ipsec security-association lifetime kilobytes 4608000

crypto map outside_map1 2 set security-association lifetime seconds 28800
crypto map outside_map1 2 set security-association lifetime kilobytes 4608000

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just looked at the ASDM-config guide for 6.1 and it seems that these options are not available in the GUI ot that version. But you can upgrade the ASDM to a newer version without any downtime. And then you have these options available.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Configuration -> Site-to-Site VPN -> Advanced -> System Options 

and

Configuration -> Site-to-Site VPN -> Advanced -> Crypto Maps 

The screenshot you posted for the first part looks similar to ASA 6.4, however, ASA 6.1 doesn't have the bottom section labeled "IPsec Security Association Lifetime". I also checked ASA 6.0 and multiple 5505 units. Not that it's super important, because I just made the required Time Limit changes via the CLI, but it would still be nice to know where that setting is located.

The second screenshot was correct. I have been in there over and over, but it didn't really click in my head because the gui is listed at 8 hours 0 minutes and 0 seconds, whereas the CLI has it listed at 28800 seconds :)

Thanks

I just looked at the ASDM-config guide for 6.1 and it seems that these options are not available in the GUI ot that version. But you can upgrade the ASDM to a newer version without any downtime. And then you have these options available.

ok, thanks :)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card