cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Twingig Conversor does not reconnect after reload ou power on.

danielnunes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have three switches on cascading as you can see attached but when I need to reload or power off and power on late the uplink couldn't link up and I need to remove and put in again the CAB-SFP-50CM as you can see attached to reconnect the uplink.

Anyone know how can I fix this issue?

I am using the twingig conversor module with 3560-e.

thanks a lot

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Daniel,

you are clearly in a lab environment and you have interconnected your switches in this peculiar way.

Probably the problem origins from using this special cable with the twingig

For example I've found the following notes:

When a Catalyst 3560 Switch is connected to a Catalyst 3750 or any           other type of Catalyst switch model, you cannot use the           CAB-SFP-50CM= cable. You can connect both switches using a copper cable with           SFP (GLC-T) on both devices instead of a CAB-SFP-50CM= cable.

Only Catalyst 3560-E switches. The SFP module patch cable is a 0.5-meter, copper, passive cable with SFP module connectors at each end. The patch cable can connect two Catalyst 3560-E switches in a cascaded configuration.

However, your setup is considered a valid setup see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750e_3560e/hardware/install/notes/1757202.html#wp121341

Table 1     Supported SFP Modules

SFP Module Number
Description

GLC-GE-100FX

100BASE-FX

GLC-LH-SM

1000BASE-LX

GLC-SX-MM

1000BASE-SX

GLC-T

1000BASE-T

GLC-ZX-SM

1000BASE-ZX

GLC-BX-D

1000BASE-BX, 1490 nm1

GLC-BX-U

1000BASE-BX, 1310 nm

CWDM-SFP-xxxx

CWDM SFP

DWDM-SFP-xx.xx

DWDM SFP

CAB-SFP-50CM (3560-E only)

SFP module patch cable2

1 nm = nanometer

2 The Catalyst 3560-E switch supports the SFP module patch cable, a 0-5-meter, copper, passive cable with SFP module connectors at each end. The patch cable can connect two Catalyst 3560-E switches in a cascaded configuration.

the special cable is on the list.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Must be something with that twin gig conversion module , we use those copper sfp gbic connecting cables on a plain 3560 and works fine . We have dozens setup that way .

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card