Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UDLD question

I am testing out UDLD on a copper port to see if It can help proactively catch a problem between switches.  On the copper port, I used the udld port command.  The upstream switch is a 6509.  Watching the UDLD debug commands, I am not seeing it find the 6509 neighbor on the other end of the connection.  Does UDLD need to be implemented on both ends of the link ?

I am connecting to another departments 6509 from my 3750.  They provide the Cisco VOIP service in the firm.  Was hoping that this might allow me to see a cabling problem when it happened.

Thanks,

Ron

3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

UDLD question

You need it on both sides of the connection:

from the config guide:

All connected devices must support UDLD for the protocol to successfully identify and disable unidirectional links.

here is the link to the doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3550/software/release/12.1_19_ea1/configuration/guide/swudld.html

HTH

UDLD question

Ron,

I know you can configure UDLD on copper ports but, I don't think copper links can suffer from a uni-directionl link like fiber links.

Pat

Hall of Fame Super Gold

UDLD question

Putting UDLD on a copper port is a waste of time.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content