Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

udld & udld agressive

Hi,

As per my knowledge, when we use udld on global mode it is applicable for fiber port only , not on Ethernet Port

For applying the same on ethernet Port, we need to neable udld agressive mode on the ethernet interface.

Pls confirm whether for ethernet udld agressive is required & what will be the pros/cons

Also confirm, for fiber port, if we enable globally udld, it suffices the requirement

Also with udld enable, can we use loop-guard also on the same port, Any pros/cons on the same

Br/

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
As per my knowledge, when we use udld on global mode it is applicable for fiber port only , not on Ethernet Port

When you enable GLOBALLY the command goes to all physical port.

For applying the same on ethernet Port, we need to neable udld agressive mode on the ethernet interface.

No sane network administrator will enable UDLD aggressive on COPPER interface.  It is recommended if you enable UDLD aggressive on fibre optic interface.

Also confirm, for fiber port, if we enable globally udld, it suffices the requirement

I don't recommend enabling UDLD on a global level and I rarely enable UDLD on a global level.  All my ZeroTouch SmartInstall configuration template has explicit UDLD disabled on a global level.  I will only enable UDLD in an interface level. 

Why?  Because there's a chance that someone might use a copper SFP.   And if no one knows what he/she is doing, they'll never suspect UDLD is enabled on a global level.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card