|

Firewall (inside ip 10.138.74.3)

|

Blue coat (10.138.74.5)

|(VLAN -50)

Access Switch

|(trunk) |(trunk)

core1 core2

Now the problem is I am unble to access (ping) blue coat from user pc and access switch.It aslo not pingingfrom the access switch which is connected between blue coat and core switches.It's only pinging from from core switch.

In blue coat one default Route is there

to the firewall (10.138.74.3).

The access switch port which is connected to blue coat is configured under VLAN 50.Please find attachment for the core switch and access switch (connected between blue coat and core switch) configuration.

** from user PC I can able to ping the firewall and router but only blue coat is not pinging.

Please help to relolve this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Blue Coat can maintain its default route to the Firewall, but you also need to add specific routes pointing to the core that includes the internal segment.

The Firewall is not a router so it will not redirect request back to the core when the Blue Coat sends its transmission reply from request originated from internal devices.

The only route the Blue Coat knows is towards the FW, it must also know routes toward the core and you must configure it to do so.

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Blue Coat can maintain its default route to the Firewall, but you also need to add specific routes pointing to the core that includes the internal segment.

The Firewall is not a router so it will not redirect request back to the core when the Blue Coat sends its transmission reply from request originated from internal devices.

The only route the Blue Coat knows is towards the FW, it must also know routes toward the core and you must configure it to do so.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Hi,

Before the configuration was different ..

Internet Router

|

Firewall

|

Blue Coat

|

Access Swith (nothing was configured)

|

|(Access port-VLAN 50)

Core 2

In that Acces Switch nothing was configured.The Core Switch 2 port was configured under VLAN 50 whch was connected to Access Switch.For redundancy purpose I have changed the configuration same as posted earlier.

So according to you I need to add reverse route in blue coat.I will do it and update to you.

Thanks!!

Regards,

som

Yes it's working..

Thanks!!!

Glad to hear.

Please make sure to mark the thread as resolved.

Regards,

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco