Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to copy config to TFTP server from Router

mahesh18
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I have TFTPd32 running on Windows desktop and I have Router from where i want to copy running config to TFTPd32 server but i can not.

TFTPd32  interface has same IP as desktop PC.I can ping the PC ip from Router and vice versa.

Can someone who know about this TFTPd32 is there any settings which i need to configure?

Many thanks

Mahesh

24 Replies 24

Mahesh

Thank you for the additional information. The traceroute results are a bit puzzling. There is not any response showing the next hop layer 3 device and there is no response from thePC. If there is no next hop laver 3 device, does this mean that the router and the PC are locally connected in the same subnet? If so could you post the output of show arp on the router? And can you verify that the MAC address that shows up in show arp is the MAC address on the PC interface (ipconfig /all is one way to get the MAC address)?

If the router and the PC are directly connected and the PC is not responding to traceroute, then I wonder if it suggests that there is a firewall running after all?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi rick,

Thanks again for reply

Yes they are in same subnet.

Also i did sh arp on router

2650xm#     sh arp
Protocol  Address          Age (min)  Hardware Addr   Type   Interface
Internet  192.168.1.10          230   000b.bece.bbc0  ARPA   FastEthernet1/0
Internet  192.168.1.14           11   0040.f418.6d8a  ARPA   FastEthernet1/0***********************************this is mac address of pc
Internet  192.168.1.1             -   000f.8f6d.7e70  ARPA   FastEthernet1/0
Internet  192.168.1.25            1   0019.7db7.c89f  ARPA   FastEthernet1/0
Internet  192.168.1.20          105   000d.65de.ff40  ARPA   FastEthernet1/0

also i did ipconfig /all and verify that pc has same mac-add

Hi

You are copying the running config as seen from the commands.

You try to copy startup-config and let us know the result.also check the windows firewall.

Thanks

Mahesh

This is a strange symptom where the router and PC are on a connected subnet, where the PC will respond to ping but will not respond to traceroute and where copy TFTP does not work.

Perhaps if you would post the config of the router we might find what is the problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi,

I tried my  other pc it works there fine.

any way here is router config .

Host pc which has TFTP server running has IP 192.168.1.14

Thanks

Mahesh

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Get another PC and try again.

Hi,

It works fine from another pc but not from Desktop PC which has IP 192.168.1.14.

thanks

mahesh

That's exactly my point.  If it works on any other PC but 192.168.1.14 then there's some application that's stopping it.  To make troubleshooting easier, use a different PC.

Hi Mahesh,

Glad you got it to work.  It is defiantly some FW/IPS on your PC.  I have the issue with my laptop. I can ping the router from my laptop but I can NOT ping the laptop from the router and of course TFTP does not work either.  The problem is the corporate IPS application installed on my laptop and even by disabling the services and allowing the TCP and UDP ports, I still have issues.

Reza

maszi1978
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I know It is a bit of a late replay but I have just come across this problem when i was trying to save the startup- config on to solawind tftp server which is running on my vista laptop.

The solution i find was to turn off the wi-fi on my pc. Wit wifi enabled i was able to ping the server and the router from the pc but the data transfer session timed out.

What i dont undestand though , even with wifi enabled the name of the file i wanted the save ,appeared in the tftp server root file,but the actual transfer failed.

Anyway i hope it helps someone who has this problem.

Istvan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card