Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to enter to user Privilege EXEC Mode with catalyst 1900

fabdulnavaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am setting up some lab network . I have 10  Cisco 1900 series switches . But when i try to power up it shows the below message. I am not able to get into user privilege mode.

-------------------------------------------------

Catalyst 1900 Management Console

Copyright (c) Cisco Systems, Inc.  1993-1997

All rights reserved.

Ethernet address: 00-C0-1D-81-43-65

-------------------------------------------------

1 user(s) now active on Management Console.

Enter password:

Catalyst 1900 - Main Menu

[C] Console Password

[S] System

[N] Network Management

[P] Port Configuration

[A] Port Addressing

[D] Port Statistics Detail

[M] Monitoring

[V] Virtual LAN

[R] Multicast Registration

[F] Firmware

[I] RS-232 Interface

[U] Usage Summaries

[H] Help

[X] Exit Management Console

Enter Selection:

could you pls tell me how can i get into the user mode such as 

Switch1#

Thanks

Navaz

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Navaz

If memory serves me right you have quite old switches here and their main configuration tool is via this menu system. You might try the option for the console password and see if that takes you closer to where you want to be.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gee whiz!

1900C!!!!

These switches are MENU DRIVEN.  There is no CLI.  No CLI means no "priviledged" mode. 

There were two versions of software for the 1900 series switches, one that purely menu based configuration and management and the Enterprise version, which had an option to exit the menu and get access to a CLI. Note though that this is not Cisco IOS.

There's a post, Catalyst 1900 Enterprise software, on the forum from 2002 that will give you some more details. As indicated in that post there's an option to upgrade to the Enterprise edition, but you obviously need to acquire the software.

As per the reponses from Richard and Leo, these are very old switches and depending upon what you're trying to do with them, may not serve your purpose.

Regards

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is no specific command line, as you have posted it's menu system driven , just select one of the letters to configure what you need .  These were one of the first series of switches that cisco made back in the middle 1990's which I believe they bought from some other company.  Just select the letters to configure what you need , they are really quite different from IOS switches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: