i have a 3845 router and 3560 switch. i had an issue wherein i can't get my 1140e nortel ip phone settings (server unreachable) when connecting to 3560e switch. previously i was able to have it worked during my initial config (ip addressing, vlan and interface vlan configs) for the switch and router. and then i've added acl, qos etc along the way. then i tested my ip phone again, it doesn't get its config. from the switch, i can ping to our dhcp (172.25.22.10) and nortel pabx server (172.25.202.15) from vlan voice (vlan 1076) as source. i used the ip phone to troubleshoot, i can ping to the voice gw (172.25.227.253). my belief there's a line or config blocking my connection. i've exhausted all troubleshooting needed all day. i need a fresh set of eyes to look into my config and verify with me so that i can continue testing tomorrow. thanks in advance!
Are you running a routing protocol between these two devices? Please post the entire configuration on Sw3560.
- Your uplink is in vlan 124(access port).
- How does router know about vlan 1076? Do you want to add static route to route it back or run routing protocol(ospf) on both devices?
Well, You've used a static route. I'm glad to see a redistribute static there (grin)
- Seems you need Sw3560 to act as L3 switch. Please post a "show ip route" command on this switch . I need to know things.
- Please let me know if you pretend to be vlan 1076 from the existing configuration on Sw3560(just one port for testing) you will then get these 2 servers ,172.25.202.15 and 172.25.22.10. Does it work? (grin)
- Please post a "show ip route" command on the router.
Before talking about the dhcp option I would know what your network path looks like.
This document gives several answers on frequently asked questions for PFRv3 channel state behavior.
Q1: What are all the channel operational states from a BR (border role) perspective and what are the rules/conditions to be in each st...
The need was to reach an host inside a LAN through a VPN connection managed by the LAN gateway (Cisco 1921).
The LAN gateway performs NAT and there was a dedicate nat rule for the host i wanted to reach through VPN.
I couldn't connect to the hos...
We have 3 identical switches configured by someone else and would like to claim some of the Gigabit ports(G1/G2/G3/G4) for use on servers. When we try to change the wiring and configuration, we run in to connectivity issues. Attached is a des...