cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to log into switch

wgranada1
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 switches connected together via a trunk port. Swich one is connected to a router and switch 2 is connected to switch one via a trunk port. If I hook up a machine to switch 2 I get connectivity and all is fine the only thing is I'm unable to ssh into switch2 for some reason. I can ping it from the directly connect switch 1 but am unable to ssh. I cleared the keys and generated a new one but still no luck. What am I missing? Thank you in advance for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are trying to get to it from off the subnet that the switch address is in you have no default gateway defined in the switch .

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are trying to get to it from off the subnet that the switch address is in you have no default gateway defined in the switch .

Yes the problem was 2 fold wasn't able to log in and I was missing, like you said the default gateway. Once the default gateway was in I still couldn't log in found out on the vty I had to remove the password as it gets its authentication from the tac server.

Dunno how true that is but when I removed the password on the vty interface I was able to log in. Thank you for your help!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card