cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

University gaming

Derek Hess
Level 1
Level 1

All right folks- We have decided to allow gaming on campus for our students. I would like to know how other unviersities handle gaming requests? Do you NAT the consoles to their own IP and proivde an ACL? How do we ensure items like "open NAT" on the XBOX 360 are funtioninag as inteneded? Let me know.

We have all the dorms in their own VLANs and are running an ASA 5520 on our edge. Right now, the students are all mapped to 1 Public IP address. We have unrestricted outbound traffic.

1 Reply 1

Beetlejuice01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Derek, if you wold redirect port udp 88 and tcp/udp 3074 you can't do it with only to one private ip address, because is a pat and you can forward multiple port only to one console. I think You can do it only with a static nat one to one and one public ip for any console. I'm not sure that you can forward same public port to multiple private port and multiple private ip address example port 88 public ip vs port 1000 ip 192.168.1.1 port 1001 ip 192.168.1.2.

Searching on google i've found this link:

http://www.gregledet.net/?p=589

i hope it can help you, maybe if on the object you insert multiple host it will work.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card