Views
Helpful
Replies

UNKNOWN source when login failed

dc-csa-blr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

We are getting UNKNOWN source when login failed, what is the issue why it is not showing source IP Address.

000465: .Jan 22 20:52:00.889 UTC: %SEC_LOGIN-4-LOGIN_FAILED: Login failed [user: XXXXXX ] [Source: UNKNOWN] [localport: 23] [Reason: Login Authentication Failed - BadPassword] at 20:52:00 UTC Wed Jan 22 2014

Current IOS: c7200p-adventerprisek9-mz.152-4.S4.bin

Please suggest me how to fix it to get source IP Address.

Thanks in ADV,

4 Replies 4

dc-csa-blr
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

Please anyone help me to fix it.

dc-csa-bir

Could you able to fix this problem ?

if yes please tell me

I am also getting the same problem with failed login attempts and unknnown source :

%SEC_LOGIN-4-LOGIN_FAILED: Login failed [user: unknown] [Source: UNKNOWN] [localport: 23] [Reason: Login Authentication Failed] at 14:33:00  Fri Mar 4 2016

if you got any solution please inform .

Chosebin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a bunch of different router models and it appears that this trouble is only with those running 15.1-(4M9 in my case). The ones running 12.4 or 15.4 are ok, so at this point I'm assuming than with your 15.2 near my 15.1, it sounds like a bug in the IOS and we are the only guys on Google having this trouble. I can't upgrade routers running 15.1 to something better because they are all EOL products and this is the last version released for all of them.

If I found something else one day, I'll be back to drop a note.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card