Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

upgrade 2950T-24

I have a 2950T-24 switch with 12.1.22.EA1 software and 8 MB of flash. I want to upgrade this switch with a new tar file. Following the upgrade guide, I should use the command "archive download-sw" The thing is, this command is not supported on my switch. I tried to delete my image file and then upload the tar file to my flash but still there was not enough space on my flash; I got the following error:

%Error copying flash:/c2950-i6q4l2-tar.121-22.EA13.tar (No space left on device)

How can i upgrade my switch and overwrite the current files and directories?

6 REPLIES

Re: upgrade 2950T-24

You can remove the files/directories with the following command:-

delete /force /recursive flash:<>

Then tftp the .tar file to your flash, and try the command:-

archive tar /xtract flash:<>

HTH>

Andrew,

Thank you very much. However I did like you told me and after i downloaded the tar image file and used the command "archive tar /xtract flash:c2950-i6q4l2-tar.121-22.EA13.tar flash:" i got the following error message.

"%Error writing flash:/c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA13.bin (Not enough space on device)"

My flash shows a total of 7741440 bytes and cco tells me that 8Mbyte is needed. So this is almost enough for this image. Could this be the problem?

I am afraid so - have you tried installing the same version of IOS but in a .bin format (without the html files etc) ??

Andrew,

No I did not because my cutomer wants to start using the http server in the newer version.

Thanks anyway

Ahh OK - you might suggest to your customer, the use the .bin file (as this is smaller) if he wants a gui to configure/manage the switch d/l and install on a pc the Cisco Network Assistant ?

Purple

Delete the current file or directory and any html files. check filename with a dir flash: If using a .bin file if you just get rid of the html files will allow you to have 2 images in flash.

"delete flash:

If a directory

delete /force /recursive flash:

html files

delete flash:*.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content