cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade 2960-S flex stack how long does it take?

pcdap
Level 1
Level 1

I do not have any stacked 2960s switches to "lab" a stack upgrade.  Have a 4-switch (48-port FPS switches) production stack, and will use the archive- command, but is the process verbose or will the console just sit there leaving me wondering?  About how long might it take?  Going to upagrade from 15.0(2)SE2 to SE4.  I don't see a nice logged output of the upgrade process anywhere on the Cisco site.

Thanks.

Debbi

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
will use the archive- command

There are two "branches' of the archive command, exactly which one will you be using?  The second one, "archive tar /x" is not useful for stacked switches.

If you have a full 4-stack switch, the "archive download-sw" will automatically push and un-pack the IOS to any stack members of the stack.  If I remembered correctly, it takes about 8 to 10 minutes per switch.

Sorry, archive download-sw is the one I will use.  Thanks for the time estimate!

Debbi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card