Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

upgrade 3850 to 3.3.3 or 3.6.0

I'm currently running 3.3.1. In the 3.3.3 release notes I see there's a resolved bug which I've been struggling with for a while so I want to upgrade.

In researching what other issues I might run into, I found bug CSCuo85722 where the 3850 stops forwarding traffic and the details say 3.3.3 appears to be affected (but no mention of 3.3.1 or 3.6.0)

I know every environment is different but can anyone give me an idea as to whether I should be going to 3.3.3 and taking my chances or try going right to 3.6.0 (unless 3.6 is a problematic release. I think I saw a bug or forum post where going from 3.3.2 to 3.6 was in a stack didn't work properly causing constant reloads or something and user had to go back )

Thanks

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Hi CrackedJack1,  Safe Harbor

Hi CrackedJack1, 

Safe Harbor's option for 3850 platform is 03.03.03SE release, which would be a good option to upgrade if you're looking for stability. 03.06.00E introduced more supported features.

As for CSCuo85722, based on the information of this bug this has been mark as a duplicate issue for CSCui59593 which description indicates that it does not affect 03.03.03SE.

Hope that this information is helpful!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content