Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade 6509 from SUP1A to 720 3-B - Configuration

gfracassi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

I'll be upgrading one 6509 from SUP1A with a SUP720-3B one. I need to know if there is a working tool that allows me to convert the configuration before installing the new card. I've donwloaded EDI tool, but i can't make it work (the installer seems to be wrong). I've downloaded it from https://upload.cisco.com/cgi-bin/swc/fileexg/main.cgi?CONTYPES=ccu-forum

Thanks

2 Replies 2

autobot130
Level 1
Level 1

I wish there was such a tool as I've been searching as well for one! The EDI tool only converts the IOS image from CatOS for you, but its a java based program. You might as well manually follow the conversion instructions from the online document since it will be faster than trying to figure out how the EDI works and getting the necessary text files for it.

I've done this many times and have always done a "show config" in CatOS, "show config" in the MSFC... then combined it to paste into a native IOS SUP720-3B.

Thanks my friend for the advice, so, i'll have to do what i didn't want to do.

Best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card