cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from CatOS to IOS on switches

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

Can I upgrade my Catalyst switches from CatOS to IOS? Is there somewhere I can find out?

Thanks,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It depends on what supervisor you have , it must be at least a Sup II Plus to have ios . If it is only a sup II you cannot change it . If it is a Sup II plus it would have come with IOS . My guess is you have a 4500 chassis with a Sup II in which case you cannot upgrade it . You can do a show mod and post here and we can tell you .

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Need to know what models you are talking. The only ones upgradeable would be the Cat 6500's , anything else is catos only . There are certain hardware requirements to do so also such as nvram and flash etc .....

But I have some 4506's that have IOS? Can't I upgrade my other 4500's?

Mike

It depends on what supervisor you have , it must be at least a Sup II Plus to have ios . If it is only a sup II you cannot change it . If it is a Sup II plus it would have come with IOS . My guess is you have a 4500 chassis with a Sup II in which case you cannot upgrade it . You can do a show mod and post here and we can tell you .

That's it!!! I got it now. Thanks I must have over looked that. I have some supII and some supII+.

Thanks,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco