Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrade from CatOS to IOS on switches

Can I upgrade my Catalyst switches from CatOS to IOS? Is there somewhere I can find out?

Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Purple

Re: Upgrade from CatOS to IOS on switches

It depends on what supervisor you have , it must be at least a Sup II Plus to have ios . If it is only a sup II you cannot change it . If it is a Sup II plus it would have come with IOS . My guess is you have a 4500 chassis with a Sup II in which case you cannot upgrade it . You can do a show mod and post here and we can tell you .

4 REPLIES
Purple

Need to know what models you are talking. The only ones upgradeable would be the Cat 6500's , anything else is catos only . There are certain hardware requirements to do so also such as nvram and flash etc .....

But I have some 4506's that have IOS? Can't I upgrade my other 4500's?

Mike

Purple

It depends on what supervisor you have , it must be at least a Sup II Plus to have ios . If it is only a sup II you cannot change it . If it is a Sup II plus it would have come with IOS . My guess is you have a 4500 chassis with a Sup II in which case you cannot upgrade it . You can do a show mod and post here and we can tell you .

That's it!!! I got it now. Thanks I must have over looked that. I have some supII and some supII+.

Thanks,

Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content