cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade path for Cisco Nexus 5010s running 4.1(3)N2(1)

Rick Pancratz
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to perform nondisruptive upgrades on two Cisco Nexus 5010s that currently run NX-OS version 4.1(3)N2(1) to

Release 5.1(3)N2(1a).  Is this possible?  Or, do I need to upgrade to Release 5.0(2)N1(1) first?

Thank you in advance for all assistance/insights.

-Rick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should be able to do an ISSU to NS-OS version 5.0(3)N2(2b) before continuing.

Cisco Nexus 5000 Series and Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Release Notes, Cisco NX-OS Release 5.1(3)N2(1a) and Release 5.1(3)N2(1)

Supported Upgrade and Downgrade Paths

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should be able to do an ISSU to NS-OS version 5.0(3)N2(2b) before continuing.

Cisco Nexus 5000 Series and Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Release Notes, Cisco NX-OS Release 5.1(3)N2(1a) and Release 5.1(3)N2(1)

Supported Upgrade and Downgrade Paths

Good afternoon Leo,

I was mistaken regarding the starting release for the Nexus 5010Ps.  They are both currently running 4.2(1)N1(1).  When I run through the pre-upgrade verification process I am informed that I must peform a disruptive upgrade to 5.0(3)N2(2b) due to STP configuration issues with upstream Cisco 4900s.  That is OK.  I plan to perform the disruptive upgrade to 5.0(3)N2(2b) on both switches and then perform another disruptive upgrade on each to reach release 5.1(3)N2(1a) during a maintenance window this weekend.   To the best of your knowledge, are there any further caveats that I need to plan for during this upgrade process?

Thanks again for your insights.

Rick

Hi Rick,

The method you mentioned will work fine. When I work with customers on an upgrade, I usually do them one at a time when they are disruptive. That way if you are using vPC traffic can continue on the active switch while the other reloads for the upgrade.

HTH

Anthony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: