cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Supervisor Engines from 1A to 32!!!

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all

We have 6509 with single sup1a (no redundancy).

I think my question, what is the best way to copy the config file over to SUP32.

I think I have to reconfiguration (save the config file to text, and then copy and paste) the whole thing.

Am I right?

Thanks in advance.

Ken

7 Replies 7

a.alekseev
Level 7
Level 7

Which mode do you have? Hybrid or Native Mode?

if you have CatOS then you can use http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a0080816fbc.shtml

Sorry about that.

It will be a CatOS (Hybrid). I wont change the CatOS to IOS.

The tools seem doesnt fit my situation, Am I right?

Ken

jmohlmaster
Level 1
Level 1

That would be the best way - it would be nice is they both use CompactFlash or PCMCIA Flash, but they do not. I would just cut the config into a text file and paste it back on to the Sup 32. Should be pretty painless. HTH

Jarod

Hello Every one

I have a similar situation. i will be upgrading from a sup1a to a sup32. My sup1a is redundante and is in native mode already. The sup32 will also be redundant. Is there a direct upgrade or do I have to go through the process os copying the config from the sup1a and pasting it to the sup32?

Also any suggestions about the vlans created? What is the best way to pass them to the new supervisor?

Thanks in advance for any help

Victor

I finished upgrade from sup1a to sup32.

First you have to use command "copy running-config tftp". Edit the file by using wordpad and modify to fit your new sup32, then save it.

Now, before you copy the configuration file back to sup32, you need to establish the connectivity first, in other word, you should able to connect to sup32 by using either telnet or ssh.

Then you use tftp copy the configuration back to sup32.

Please rate the post if it helps.

Ken

Hi

Any suggestions as to the VLANs?

Victor

Sorry forgot to mention.

You should copy and paste the VLAN and create VTP first.

Then you can load the configuration by using tftp.

Ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: