Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrading a 3750x

annapavlova
Level 1
Level 1

hello team!!!

I am planning on upgrading a 3750x switch to a slightly newer version.

Currently the switch is on version 12 and I am planning on taking it to version 15

My question is, if Cisco support covers such Upgrades. I am planning on upgrading a 3750x switch to a slightly newer version.
Currently the switch is on version 12 and I am planning on taking it to version 15
My question is, if Cisco support covers such Upgrades, or, the upgrade must be purchased separately

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Jose Solano
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

That will depend on the type of contract that you have with Cisco, normally there will be contracts that cover IOS upgrades, TAC support and part replacement, you can check that information to see if that supports IOS upgrades. Below is a link where you can get more details.

http://www.cisco.com/web/services/order-services/service-contracts/index.html

Hope it helps.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

If you have a current maintenance contract for the device, you're good to upgrade the IOS version.

PS:

Is there a particular new 15.x feature you need?  If not, 12.2(55)SE8 appears to be very solid.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card