Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

upgrading a stack

Hi,

I just need a little refreshing on upgrading a stack of 3750's.  This stack only has 2 switches:

Current

Switch#     Role         Mac Address      Priority     State

--------------------------------------------------------

1                Slave       0019.e6d6.fa80       10         Ready

*2              Master     0017.81de.8780      14        Ready

1.) If I remember correctly I simply tftp the IOS to the flash of each switch and then reload the master only?

2.) Can I safely assume these are the 2 flash locations:

3750-SW#sh flash?

flash2:  flash:

I was expecting flash1 and flash2.

Thanks in advance for your help

Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

upgrading a stack

upgrading a stack

The firmware we are usign is c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE5.bin can't we just use that?  I'm pretty shure all I did we copy to the flash of each switch and relaoded the config?

I've never used a tar file before, I see that the tar file comes with express setup, what is this (c3750-ipbaselmk9-tar.122-55.SE5.tar)?

Thanks

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: upgrading a stack

I've never used a tar file before, I see that the tar file comes with express setup, what is this (c3750-ipbaselmk9-tar.122-55.SE5.tar)?

If you are dealing with switch stacks, it's better to use the TAR file because you can run an automation script to un-pack (or un-zip) the TAR file into the correct folder.

In your case of two switches in a stack, it's as simple as using this command:  archive download-sw /dest 1 /dest 2 tftp:///c3750-ipbaselmk9-tar.122-55.SE5.tar".  Now if you want to delete the old IOS you can insert the toggle "/overwrite".  And yes, you do want to delete the old IOS if either one of the switch in the stack has 16mb of flash memory.

The c3750-ipbaselmk9-tar.122-55.SE5.tar file is a unique file because it's designed for the 3750 with 16 mb of flash.  The "l" suffix means it's a "lite" or an IOS pack in a diet.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content