cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading CatOS on a Cat 4000

londint
Level 1
Level 1

We have a mixture of Switches and there are some 4003 and 4006 that I need to upgrade their OS. One of these switches does not have any devices plugged into them so I want to upgrade this first.

Question.

1. As these switches are already connected and using trunk, upgrading and subsequent rebooting, will it upset / affect any of the other switches and the network. This is a LIVE network.

2. Will there be any spanning tree recalculation.

3. If I were to isolate this switch just for this purpose, which will involve my disconnecting the Gigabit trunks around, will it affect the network? And will there be any spanning tree recalculation again?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think if the switch that you are rebooting is the current root switch in the stp domain, then 1-2-3 will happen.

This link may help answer some of the questions http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800dde9a.html

Thanks

No, none of them are root switches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card