Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrading from a C4000 to C4507R

I am in need of some help here. I have just been put in a network admin position and I need to upgrade 3 new switches from C4000 to C4507R without taking the old ones off line. The old ones are running the older software while the new is running IOS 12.2(25)EW. I can get to the new via console and that is as far as I can get. I have tried to get the config files over via TFTP but since they are on different OSs that didn't work. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES
Purple

Re: Upgrading from a C4000 to C4507R

4000's are generally catos so you cannot just copy to the new box . You will have to figure what the equivalent parameters are in IOS .

I am quite new at this and I am waiting to be to sent to school for this so excuse my ignorance. How would I go about doing that?

You could possibly look into this tool. A cat os converter. This is not 100% foolproof, but it's a good start.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a0080816fbc.shtml

Purple

Views
Helpful
Replies