cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Upgrading IOS Image

Hi All,         

I am trying to upgrade my live switches from c3750-lanbasek9-mz.122-35.SE5.bin image to  c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-58.SE2.bin

are there any issues I should be aware of ?

Any help will be much appriciated.

Many thanks.

12 REPLIES

Upgrading IOS Image

Make sure to save a copy of former IOS before upgrade...

Re: Upgrading IOS Image

If you have enough flash memory both IOSs will be stored on the flash.

Use the boot system flash command, first one with the new IOS, second one with the "old" IOS. If you have any problems with the new IOS the old one will automatically load. It is also very useful to use the boot system command in case you need to rollback the upgrade.

Happened to me a week ago.

The boot system flash command only makes sense when you have enough flash memory.

Also check the release notes for the IOS to ensure there are no major caveats that can impact your network

HTH

Hall of Fame Super Gold

I am trying to upgrade my live switches from c3750-lanbasek9-mz.122-35.SE5.bin image to  c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-58.SE2.bin

Ummmm ... Can you specify HOW do you plan to upgrade when your Feature Set is not the same?

Upgrading IOS Image

Hi Leo,

Using archive download command to download the new image on to the switch from the tftp server.

many thanks.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Upgrading IOS Image

Using archive download command to download the new image on to the switch from the tftp server.

You realize that you are upgrading your Feature Set from LAN Base to IP Base.

Upgrading IOS Image

What should I consider if am going from LAN Base to IP Base.

many thanks.

Upgrading IOS Image

That you have the correct license for the new featureset.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Upgrading IOS Image

What should I consider if am going from LAN Base to IP Base.

Did you purchase the Feature Set upgrade from Cisco?

Upgrading IOS Image

Yes we have purchased it from cisco.

Upgrading IOS Image

Hi,

Do i have to be aware of any bugs while upgrading the IOS apart from the license ?

many thanks.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Do i have to be aware of any bugs while upgrading the IOS apart from the license ?

All IOS versions have bugs.  It's your responsibility to read the Release Notes and determine the risks or not.

Frankly, I'd stay the he11 away from your choice of IOS, 12.2(58)SE, and stick with 12.2(55)SE8.

Kamran Naseem wrote:

Hi Leo,

many thanks.

If your going to use the archive command just make sure to download the IOS with a .tar file extension.

c3750-ipbasek9-tar.122-58.SE2.tar

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content