Views
Helpful
Replies

Uplink Configurations

DAvelarNIC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a question that I know this community can assist with. I am connecting two sites for a customer over a fiber uplink. The provider has configured their fiber switch and we just need to do a copper uplink to our switches. At site A this connection goes to a 3560-G. At site B the connection goes to a 4507. I have configured site B as a no switchport with an IP. At site A the connection is a switchport in trunk mode. The data gets across with no issues but I have a need to enable multi-casting for Informacast to send its audio across. I have enabled IP PIM SPARSE-DENSE-MODE on the 4507 but I dont know what to do on the 3560 side. I did mirror the configuration on the 3560 just like the 4507 (with a different IP) but I was not able to get all traffic to pass. Phones did not register and users were unable to hit the web or internal resources. Site A is a school district office and site B is a school.

Currently the site is up and running but multicast is not working.

Any guidance on how to configure the two ends would be appreciated.

Thanks                  

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

What type of image do you have on the 3560G.  For PIM multicast, you need IP Services image.

What is the output of "sh ver"

HTH

Here is what sho ver reports

C3560 Software (C3560-IPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(53)SE2

I have enabled multi-casting on the 3560 per some documentation I found on Cisco site. I just dont know how to configure the port to enable the correct command.

ip multicast-routing distributed

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card