Cisco Support Community

URL Filtering

i have configured URL filtering in my cisco 1751, it works fine, i mean what ever domain name i mention it blocks, thus users cannot access the, now i am also looking for a config where it should support, but i get error message "% Not a valid domain..." the reason why i wanted the is jus to deny only the photos site in yahoo & not the entire yahoo domain, can any one help me in this scenario?

Router(config)#ip urlfilter exclusive-domain deny ---- this command is accepting

Router(config)#ip urlfilter exclusive-domain deny

% Not a valid domain... ----- i get error message.

also wanted to know that whether i denfine only if i receive the request from a particular IP it can deny the site. at present being this as a gateway router, it blockz the site for my entire network, my requirement is to block only for specific IP address on my LAN.

Community Member

Re: URL Filtering

In the configuration guide for URLFILTER feature, Cisco always mention DOMAIN NAMES, not URLs or file names.

So, most likely it works with whole domains and does not allow to filter based on PATH within URL.

Good luck,

Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

Re: URL Filtering

Thanks Mike,infact i also thought the same in which i came to know that the domain names are resolved in to ip address & the local router maintains the ip urfilter cache, with that only i came to that it looks only the domain name & not the path or file name.

CreatePlease to create content