Views
Helpful
Replies

using KRON with interactive command? <Squeeze>

jeremy.reid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to schedule a automated periodic squeeze of a filesystem <don't ask... long story> on a 4500 switch running 12.2(31)SGA code. Problem is, the squeeze command has an interactive "...Continue?" prompt, which requires a simple <CR> to proceed. The KRON facility doesn't seem to like any keyboard-interactive commands like this.

I checked the listed operators on the squeeze command, there does not *appear* to be a way to supress the prompt.

Since this is a 45k with 12.2 based code, there's no rescue using a TCL script. :(

So... Question is, can anyone think of a creative way around this 'problem'? Is there a way to pass the carrige return needed to execute the squeeze operation on the same kron cli command line somehow?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I haven't tried myself but just a suggestion, how about using macro along with kron ?

my impression is that kron does not allow any command which requires user input, not even simple confirmation. Unless the copy command (or in my case the clear counters command) provides a switch to skip user prompts, then kron is not a viable solution.

reachonenetadm
Level 1
Level 1

I understand that you can use rancid allows you to script up such a task. They provide an example of "clear counters" which also requires a line feed confirmation. See http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/FAQ and search for "clear counters".

cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco