Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VACL

Hi,

I'm using VACL to capture the traffic for monitoring purpose.

If I have two 6509 connected to each other and having connectivity to access network and capturing traffic on both 6509 and send Ping echo message from core network i see echo request message captured on both 6509 but reply only from 2nd switch.

Has any body obsevr this kind of behaviour ?

Regards,

Chintan

2 REPLIES

Re: VACL

The echo request is probably load balanced by your routing protocol on the two distribution 6509. When the echo-request comes back from the host, the answer only goes to its default gateway. You hare probably using HSRP/VRRP or GLBP.

Re: VACL

H dominic,

yes, I am using HSRP but i could verify that there was no loadbalance and to simplify setup for troubleshooing I only kept on switch for now

<> -----802.1q(vlan301)<6509>---< CORE IP NETWORK>> ---L3----<

Now I ping VOIP box from remote POP and I capture vlan 301 traffic on interface (trunk interface with switchport capture )where sniffer is connected but I only see echo request on sniffer (i.e. outgoing packets from vlan 301 to VOIP box) but don't see echo reply (incomming from VOIP box towards remote POP)so i belive right now i can only see egress packet no ingress..

Can you please help me to resolve issue ?

Regards

Chintan

Views
Helpful
Replies