Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VDSL Stats from 887VA-W

Anyone know how to interpret the stats correcty for the 887VA-W for the VDSL (Gathered via SNMP from the VDSL2-LINE-MIB?

My 887VA-W gives me back obvious stuff. Like BitAlloc (Easy to parse, numbers seem to work out), but the SNR is a bit strange. I get a list of bit allocations for the 4096 channels present in a 17a profile (Albeit only for what looks like the INBOUND index - at least it matches with the 80Mbps downstream), but SNR is only listed for about 100 channels... I originally thought perhaps it's only returning send and recieve channels in one, and SNR for only up or downstream... But the bits covered by SNR only add up to about 2.5k... WHich is about 2k shourt of the number of bits required to provide the 20Mbps upstream data rate.

Am I interpreting the numbers wrong? Or is the router just not bothering to update the table? Is there somethgin else I have to specify in the config to get it to fill out the bit-alloc table correctly for SNMP? Or do I need to parse the gain-alloc table as well (Lots of data in there. But I haven't looked at it yet as I've been trying ot make sense of the bitalloc and snr tables).

Anyone?

TIA

H

Everyone's tags (3)
Views
Helpful
Replies