Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

View-only access to Catalyst 2960/2960S device manager

I have noticed that when I access the (Web-based) device manager on a Catalyst 2960 or 2960S switch, the authentication prompt (from within IE, at least) includes the phrase, "The server <switch-hostname> at level_15_or_view_access requires a username and password." This would seem to imply that it's possible to configure view-only (a.k.a. read-only) access to the device manager, which would be perfect for first-level support personnel (in our environment). I reviewed the information on how to configure local authentication for the Web server (leveraging "ip http authentication local" among other commands), but the examples are a bit too broad for me understand how to specifically (and only) allow someone coming in via HTTP(S) to gain read-only access to the device manager. (Command line access should be denied entirely for the view-only user, if possible, or at least limited to commands that can't modify the switch's configuration.) Assuming this is possible, could someone cite the command sequence required?

Thanks,

Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content